Seizure First Aid.
Learn it. Share it. Know it. Use it.
100% correct medical information on tumblr for once; also consider calling 911 if you don’t know how often the person has seizures and ESPECIALLY if the seizure has lasted 5 minutes or more (which is why the watch is critical)
I was about to say it would be helpful if it were explained why we need to time it, but I see a helpful sort has added this in. Well done, helpful sort.
May I also add, from being told previously by a seizure-prone person - no one is going to swallow their own tongue. That is not a thing. However, they may choke, suffocate, or otherwise suffer lacerations from you trying to shove something into their mouth to keep them from doing this impossible thing. On no account do this.
Wait until the seizure is over to turn them on their side
Also if the person has a history of seizures you don’t need to call an ambulance unless it’s lasting an insult long time. Seriously like the last time I had a seizure I was at the movies watching Catching Fire and I regained consciousness and my friend was like Rachel we should go you just had a seizure and I was just like “wait what? But the movie isn’t over…”
But yea reassure the person ask them some basic questions about where they are and stuff they may be a bit disoriented
that is frickin animated rain what the hell
this is miyazaki rain, which means that every frame was hand-drawn
This is art,
I needed this.
Cucumber vegetable maki rolls, vegetarian…RECIPE
Have you noticed the Mosquitos are already out! Here is a homemade trap to help keep you and the kiddos from being a blood donor!!!
HOMEMADE MOSQUITO TRAP:
1 cup of water
1/4 cup of brown sugar
1 gram of yeast
1 2-liter bottle
1. Cut the plastic bottle in half.
2. Mix brown sugar with hot water. Let cool. When cold, pour in the bottom half of the bottle.
3. Add the yeast. No need to mix. It creates carbon dioxide, which attracts mosquitoes.
4. Place the funnel part, upside down, into the other half of the bottle, taping them together if desired.
5. Wrap the bottle with something black, leaving the top uncovered, and place it outside in an area away from your normal gathering area. (Mosquitoes are also drawn to the color black.)
REBLOGGING BECAUSE IMPORTANT
and if someone breaks into your house you can throw the bottle at them
Things like these actually work for a lot of bugs. I do something similar to make a fruit fly trap, just adjust the size of the opening using a funnel made of paper.
A complete list of all tracks featured in episodes of Night Vale
Last updated: Friday, February 28th, 2014
Proper knife technique if anyone was wondering what I going on about.
Major disclaimer: The original post is just a copypasted collection of tweets. Reika didn’t write down every single step of the process, there are some…
(photo from kalyn’s kitchen)
in case anyone was wondering, here’s how i roast broccoli to make it mouthwateringly garlicky and delicious! this is how i went from not understanding the point of broccoli at all to craving it and fantasizing about it, so if you’re not a big veggie person but want to become one, this is definitely something you should try!
- preheat your oven to 425°
- find a bowl big enough for all your broccoli and pour some extra virgin olive oil in it. at least a few tablespoons. you can always add more later if you need it.
- get a bunch of garlic—as much as you want!—and slice it. you could also chop it finer or leave it whole, it’s really up to you. put your garlic in with your olive oil. this lets the oil get allllll nice and garlicky and awesome
- rinse your broccoli, chop it into florets, and add it to the bowl. toss it with the oil and garlic until it’s lightly coated. sprinkle a generous amount of sea salt (or regular salt, whatever) on there too
- spread the broccoli out evenly on a cookie sheet. you can put some parchment paper or aluminum foil on the cookie sheet first to make cleanup easier if you want. put it in the oven for about 20-25 minutes or until it seems done.
- take it out, grate some cheddar or parmesan on it if you want (WHY NOT) and eat it! yum!
this works with other vegetables too! i love it with green beans. try whatever you want!
bonus option: if you put a potato in the oven about 25 minutes before the broccoli, they’ll be ready at about the same time. if you’re new to baking potatoes, remember to wash it and poke holes in it first! you can also rub it with oil and salt if you feel like it.
Metamorphoses’s The Wheel of Time (Time Lag World) Waist Coat Pinafore JSK in Ivory with Chiffon Frill Skirt (Sold separately)
Also available in green and navy.